Sunday, July 18, 2010

3ww, poetry rec

Three words, once a week. Infuse with wine (my guideline, not theirs).

3ww words of the week:

praise, gentle, vulgar

My take:

Pulp Romance


The fly on the window praised my cooking. I said, I find your thousand eyes vulgar, and your habits offensive.

But when I went to bed that night, I deliberately left the cherry pie uncovered on the table. I fell asleep and dreamed of being gently fed syrupy sweet orbs already masticated, black barbed legs touching my mouth again and again.





*

I want to especially recommend you read Megan Kennedy's Source, an absolutely divine poem. Best thing I've read today. Just beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found us as well. This is very tight, very descriptive in such a small space. I see this unfold in my mind. I hope you'll come back to visit - and spread the word around on the writing community we are trying to build.

    ReplyDelete