Saturday, May 8, 2010

Octopi Chandeliers, Recent Submissions

Because the world needs octopi wherever we can find them (and because the world also needs a bit more whimsy):







The work of Adam Wallacavage. And if you're in the Culver City, CA area, he's got a show going on for the next week. See more octopus chandeliers here.


*

Find me today over at Short, Fast, and Deadly, in issue 22. I've got two pieces, "Untouchable" and "Canon."


Many thanks to JQ, Senior Editor/Instigator, for being incredibly kind about my work and also very welcoming and encouraging.

I've also had a piece accepted at Hazard Cat. Expecting it to post soon.

I'm exceptionally excited about these: my first acceptance, and my first time receiving payment for my work. Yes, I got paid for writing. Er, I won't be cancelling my appointments and selling my work truck; not just yet, anyway. But I'm very happy about the progress I've made so far.

I have slowed my submissions, as I've shifted my focus entirely to my book over the last few weeks. I'm very excited, and I love what I'm doing now more than ever before. It's taken me a long time to reach this point -- years, in fact -- but I finally feel that I'm doing what I'm supposed to, doing what I want above all other things. It's truly an incredible feeling. The only thing that scares me now is giving up, as the worst thing that could happen would be if I couldn't write anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment